Sunday, November 22, 2009

Here we go...

My first blog post, this is so exciting! I've always secretly wanted to be a blogger, but a few things have kept me back. One being that I really have nothing interesting to say - I'm not really very introspective, and I've never really been very forthcoming about my inmost thoughts (I think it's my stoic English side). But mostly there's a part of me (probably the English part again) that shies away from the narcissistic nature of blogs. Because seriously, how full of myself must I be to think that the whole world really needs to hear my every thought? (However much I may feel that my every thought has true value). How have I overcome these major road-blocks you may ask? Well, mostly by knowing that I won't send this to anyone, so it's highly unlikely that anyone will ever read my meandering thoughts. If you're self-absorbed in a vacuum, are you still a narcissist? I'm not sure, but I guess we'll find out.

Another thing keeping me back from a blog is that I was waiting to come up with a creative handle/name for my blog. Clearly I've given up on that idea. But my meanderings is probably a fairly accurate description, since I can barely keep a train of thought through a complete sentence, I think it's unlikely there will be much continuity between posts, but that too we shall soon find out.

Although I'm not really planning to send this blog to anyone (except maybe Rachel who finally convinced me to do it), I'm still planning to write to you, my dear imaginary reader, as though you truly existed. Because, really, if I wanted to truly write to No ONE, I could do it on paper and not monopolize the computer so much (and I could sit on something more comfortable than this orange ball we have at the desk). So, welcome to the journey, who knows where it will end, but it should be an adventure...

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!!! I'm so glad you joined! I guess for now I won't post a link from my blog to yours (for one thing I don't know how!). I'm excited to read about your crazy adventures (which you guys never seem to lack!). Congratulations on the blog - and very nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete