Saturday, November 16, 2019

Weekend getaway


We needed a break, so I went on Groupon and found a deal on a random hotel in Silverdale.  It was so great to get away and spend some time together as a family.  (Editor's note: as I write this on day 14,000 of COVID-19 quarantine, my past self apologies to my current self for thinking that going to a soccer game every weekend was some sort of huge hardship)


The kids LOVED the free breakfast and the swimming pool.  Months later, they still talk all the time about "when we went to the Best Western Plus".  Seriously, I have heard them say "Best Western Plus" more times than I have heard them say "Walt Disney World"


The hotel is right on this little inlet, so we wandered down the waterfront and threw rocks in the water.


On Saturday, we drove to Poulsbo to wander around town.



This is how we dressed to go to dinner, we're fancy in this house.




No comments:

Post a Comment