Sunday, November 10, 2019

Foster Dog #2 - Baby

A few days after Nico went to his new home, we signed-up for our second foster dog.  I picked "Baby" up at SeaTac at 9 pm on a Monday night.  She came from the Kauai Humane Society, apparently she was a little too timid for the shelter environment.  Little did we know that she was also too timid for the house with not-so-noisy kids too. 


She spent over a week hiding in her crate as much as possible.

After over a week I was finally able to pick her up.


After a few weeks of her running from everyone or snapping at us whenever we came close to her, I had a session with one for the DGS trainers and things got better, at least for me, she never did warm to Keith.  












Parker was terrified of her the whole time, I think this is the closest he ever got to Baby, and it's only because Cecily is the buffer between them.




Amazingly, after having Baby for for 8 weeks, we still found someone who wanted to adopt her.


I think that Baby was an exceptionally difficult case, but either way, I don't think we'll be fostering again.  Actually, at this point, we're not really sure we even want a dog at all.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment