Monday, August 21, 2017

We saw the eclipse!

My plans for the eclipse were...well...I guess we'll go outside?  I hadn't even bought any glasses (kicking myself on that since they were EVERYWHERE when we were in SunRiver but TOTALLY SOLD OUT in Shoreline), but I managed to get two extra from my Dad.  Super planning over here!

But, the morning of, Parker's BFF's Mom texted me to say that they were at at local park, did we want to join them, and they had three extra glasses.  So off we went!  


Samuel & family had already been there for hours when we got there around 9 and I was worried we'd have a hard time finding parking.  Not to worry, I think by the end there were all of about 12 people at the park.





We had a great time playing with our friends and occasionally glancing up at the sun.
















Justin & I totally geeked-out trying to figure out how to take a photo through the glasses, but we figured it out eventually (it would have been infinitely easier with a 3rd hand)


My Dad & Kathy drove down to Oregon to see the Totality.  For the amount of time they spent in the car, I think our 95% was perfectly fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment