Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Parker & Cecily sayings


I realized it's been a while since I wrote down some of the stuff these kids have been saying, so here goes...


From Parker:
For the most part, Parker speaks like a big kid.  One of his new favorite responses is "sure!"  He uses it for everything: 
Parker, do you need to go potty? ~ Sure!
Parker, did you clean your room? ~ Sure!
It doesn't necessarily mean that he will go potty, or that he actually did clean his room, but he gets points for enthusiasm. 


From Cecily:
Her favorites are:
"I do it all by myself"
"No I not" - Anytime you accuse her of ANYTHING, her knee-jerk reaction is "noInot"



I recently filled out one of those "how many words does your kid say?" surveys from the UW for Cecily.  She has an amazing vocabulary, that girl uses almost all the words in the survey.  One of the last questions is "what is the longest statement/sentence your child has put together?"  I did a similar one for Parker 2 years ago, so this time I knew it was coming and wrote down a few of her longer statements over the past week.  I think that at this age, Parker's longest statement was something like "More milk, please"  Cecily's was "Yeah, I would like to go in the backpack."



Cecily still continues to call everything either a "baby" or a "dinosaur", or occasionally, Parker is "baby dinosaur Parker"



No comments:

Post a Comment