Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Costumes!

I was at the Goodwill the other day looking for Halloween costumes for Cecily.  I wasn't really interested in dressing her like a pumpkin or a princess, so the pickings were a little slim.  Finally, I found this kitty cat costume, which seemed kind of perfect since Cecily is pretending to be a kitty cat 90% of the time.  Then, I found the most adorable bumble bee tutu costume (Parker's friend Emi had the same costume several years ago), but it was missing it's antenna & wings.  I probably spent 10 minutes staring at the two costumes in the store trying to decide.  I figured I could pretty easily make the antenna and wings, but eventually I decided it would be a lot easier to just buy the kitty cat costume that Cecily would prefer anyway.


...although the next day I realized I should have bought both, since now what are Cecily's friends going to wear when they come over?


Fortunately, there seems to be no paucity of costumes in our life right now.  Someone brought a pile of costumes to MOPS to hand off to other kids.  I brought the unclaimed costumes home, I think both were about 2T in size, but Parker insisted on trying both on.  He nearly has to dislocate his shoulder to get the cookie monster costume on, but he still spent the entire day in it (we will not be keeping it however, that's too much effort to get it on & off).


..as a side note, I've discovered that I can get my kids to eat absolutely anything if I serve it to them in a cupcake wrapper.  Why didn't I think of "fancy lunch" earlier!?!


Cecily also found a cuddly dinosaur costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment