Thursday, February 6, 2014

Parker's first day of "pretty school"

 
Parker has been looking forward to going to school forever.  He's been so jealous of all his cousins & friends going to school that we decided to find something he could join now.  He is SUPER excited about his first day of "pretty school".
 
Of course, you'll notice that the date on his sign is wrong...Parker was supposed to start on Tuesday, but he's been sick all week and he couldn't go on Tuesday.  I knew he was sick when I asked him if he wanted to take a nap or go to preschool and he said "nap".  He seems to be better today, so I let him go.

 
We signed him up for a Tuesday/Thursday afternoon class, so the theory is that I'll have a few hours to myself with Cecily sleeping & Parker at school.  It's not working out so well yet, Cecily finally fell asleep 20 minutes ago & we have to leave to pick Parker up in 15 minutes.  Guess we'll give it another try next week.

 
When I dropped him off, the teacher told me I could call in half an hour or so & check on him.  Yeah, that didn't happen, I have absolute confidence that my son will be the one I have to drag away kicking & screaming, I know he'll be fine.  I'll be fine too, except for perhaps over-estimating how much I can get done in three child-free hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment