Sunday, November 10, 2013

Our last dinner in the old house.

 
My parents are moving out of my childhood home on Wednesday.  Since we're all back on this side of the mountains, we got together for one last Sunday dinner before they moved.
 

 
The cousins had a great time playing together.  Parker & Cecily haven't really spent much time with Joshua & Nora, but they had a great time running around together.

 
Fiona's birthday is in a few weeks, so since we were all under the same roof, we decided to celebrate her birthday as well.  (I'd love to blame the mustard-yellow color of the frosting on my camera, but it was all me; I was going for bright yellow and ended up with deviled eggs, but they tasted good)






 
We even got a shot of all the cousins.

 
...or as best as we could, you try getting 5 kids to look at the camera & smile at the same time!

 
So long 8353, it was a great place to live! 

 
Considering how I reacted when we sold the cabin, I expected to be a weepy mess this evening, but so far I'm okay.  It could have something to do with the fact that my Dad hasn't packed everything up yet and all the furniture is still there, I think I'm in a bit of denial, I might have to run through the house one more time after the moving is all done to let it sink in.  ...or maybe I'm actually just ready for them to move, but my money's on denial.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment