Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick-or-treat!

 
We took Parker & Cecily trick-or-treating in Downtown Edmonds for Halloween.
 
 
First, let me get this off my chest.  Although I will freely admit to being something of a Grinch about Halloween, and I hate coming up with costumes, it was NOT my intention to force Parker into Fiona's hand-me-down costume (from TWO years ago)!  Even though I actually made Parker a fireman costume (I made it this afternoon with construction paper & duct tape, but it's still MADE), he insisted on wearing the strawberry.  At least he didn't insist on this one:
 
 
It's cuter on Cecily.

 
Both kids had a great time.  Cecily loved wandering around, and although Parker was over-whelmed by the crowds, the draw of candy was enough that he did a great job of going store-to-store saying "trick-or-treat".

 
And since I did spend all of 5-minutes making Parker's "real" costume, we forced him into it for a picture (doesn't he look excited?):

 
Cecily's just excited about candy.  She carried this (still wrapped) package of red vines around from the first store to the very last one, how could I deny her at least one?


No comments:

Post a Comment