Saturday, December 12, 2009

Life as we know it will never be the same

So you mean I haven't been running to the bathroom every five minutes "just because"?



I haven't actually kept count, but in the past year, I think I've taken about 8 home-pregnancy tests. Every last one has been negative, to the point that I was starting to wonder if maybe the test was the problem, not just me. But no, here we go, my very first positive home pregnancy test! (We're going to ignore the fact that this is my second actual pregnancy...it's a long story).



Failing the tests has become somewhat of a habit, just an interesting way to spend a Saturday morning every few weeks. So imagine my surprise and delight to see the picture above staring me in the face. I gasped for air and went streaking down the hall (figuratively, not literally) to tell Keith. I've never really been one of those people who cries when they're happy. As a general rule I reserve tears for truly unhappy moments (like when the sale of your house falls through, for instance). But there's no denying the tears in my eyes this particular morning. Finally, we've got a little bean growing to help us fill up all these empty rooms in our big, new house. We are both so excited I think we might just come apart at the seams. Now we just have to wait FOREVER before we can tell anyone. Patience has never been my strong suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment