Saturday, January 13, 2018

While the kids are gone...

The kids went up to the cabin with Denise, so Keith & I decided to get tattoos!


There's a longer story to it than that, but that's the main story.


We went by in the morning to make an appointment for a consultation, then came back an hour later for our consult and made an appointment for later that evening to get it done.  We've been talking about this for over a year, so it has hardly a spur-of-the-moment idea, but it still seems a little crazy that we actually did it.


Mine is a Poppy & Gladiolus for the birth flowers of August (for the kids), then the forget-me-not and purple ribbon are Alzheimer's Awareness symbols to remember my Mom.  (Side note: my mother would be HORRIFIED to know that I have a tattoo, I find perverse pleasure in honoring her with something she would have HATED).  Mine took about an hour and a half.  The outline was done in 20 minutes and then he spent the rest of the time shading.  Once the outline was done it didn't really hurt all too much.

When I sat down, Justin asked me if this was my first tattoo, and I say "Yes, well, except for my eyebrows." To which he responded, "well, then this will be a cakewalk"
...which it was.




Keith's was much more basic and took all of about 20 minutes.



6-23-2006 - Our Anniversary
8-6-2010 - Parker's Birthday
8-26-2012 - Cecily's Birthday


As some point, Keith will add some banding and artwork around it, but this seemed like a good starting point for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment