Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The big windstorm

Totally unrelated comment: This is my 1000th blog post!  Holy Moley, we've come a long way from my start 6 years ago!

Somehow, we never lost power during the Storm Watch 2015, but we did have one crazy moment.  The kids were playing in the other room and I heard a giant THUMP.  It was big enough that the glasses shook in our cupboard, but not so loud that I was concerned for our safety.

I looked outside and except for a bit of fallen laurel bush, I couldn't see anything that had fallen.


Until I looked a little closer and saw the giant root ball in the air:


Our neighbor had actually limbed & topped this tree over the summer, but never got around to felling it completely.  I guess that works done.  We got off pretty easy, our fence is a little wonky (or perhaps I should say wonkier), but judging from all the frantic work yesterday, I think it clipped the corner of the giant "warehouse" next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment