Friday, September 12, 2014

Today's Project ~ The Front Door

I've been wanting to paint our front door since we painted the house three years ago, but I wasn't sure what color to do.  Red would be too patriotic, green to Seahawks, purple...well, purple would be fine, but nearly every other surface in the house is purple, so I have to give Keith some kind of a break.


So, this week, I decided to just up & do it.  I went to Home Depot and pretty much bought the first can of spray paint that I liked (Parker's vote was for dark brown, but I managed to talk him out of it).

Before:


After:


I did several coats of yellow when Parker was at PreSchool (with the door still attached), but the finish wasn't very good.  I ended up taking the door off and putting one more whole can of yellow on, plus most of a can of clear shiny.  It's much better now, but still not perfect, don't look too close.


I think that next time I get the brilliant idea to paint our metal front door, I'm just going to go buy something new.  It will be easier on everyone.

But, with that said, it adds a nice pop of color to the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment