Tuesday, July 15, 2014

SunRiver Vacation - High Desert Museum

Like last year, we took a trip to the High Desert Museum.  Last year, I had Cecily strapped to my chest in the ergo for the whole visit, so most of my memories are of heat & dust, this trip was more enjoyable.

But first, you need a proper application of sunscreen:





The kids got to draw water, water plants, dig in the ground, and do laundry "old-school" style.



Parker LOVES chickens.  I'm considering getting some next summer, I'm just not sure I need any more lives to be responsible for.






My Dad told Parker that his Mom washed laundry in a similar manner...He's from the dark ages.





The shovel and wheelbarrow was Parker's favorite part, he would have spent the entire day happily digging holes and moving them somewhere else to dump.



Three seconds before I took this photo, Cecily & my dad were absolutely adorable, walking down the road holding hands.  Cecily seems to have a 6th sense for when I'm reaching for my camera and let go of Grandpa just "in-time" 



No comments:

Post a Comment