Saturday, April 6, 2013

8 Months




Cecily is 8 months!



Our little girl is growing up!  She's learning new things every day.  She's become a pro at sitting, as well as rolling from one side of the room to the other.  She's not yet close to crawling, but you can see her frustration when something she wants is just out of her reach, so I think it's just a matter of time.  I don't think she'll be an early crawler, but I think she might be earlier than Parker (which could be partially thanks to the daily crawling lessons Parker's giving her)





Cecily will eat just about anything you put in-front of her.  Provided it's in the proper form.  She'll eat fruit purees out of the pouches, but veggies must be cut-up so she can eat them as finger food.  And absolutely nothing from the spoon, although she's quite happy to chew on the spoon.  It's funny how things change with the 2nd kid (especially when the 2nd kid is so particular).  When Parker was this age, he was eating (all-organic) single-food purees: Organic Pear puree, Organic Broccoli Puree, Organic Sweet Potato puree, etc.  Last night Cecily had chicken stir-fried in white wine & soy sauce.  She really just wants table food, and it's too much work to fight that.

 
This girl takes her eating seriously, she will scream & scream until you put something on her tray, at which point she starts shoving it in her mouth two hands at a time.  My kids might not walk until they are 1 1/2, but their fine motor skills are top notch, if only to more efficiently get the food up to their mouths.

She's cute, but she's not always cooperative!


Cecily has the funniest gurgle/giggle, if she ever becomes a singer, she'll be expert at trilling her "r's" since she's pretty much purring now.



For the past few weeks, Cecily has been waking up only once or twice a night.  It's not quite frequent enough to be a pattern, but we are certainly getting closer.  I'm still working on re-setting my body-clock so I also can sleep more than two hours at a time.



Cecily LOVES her big brother & her Daddy, she laughs & shakes whenever they come around.
What she hates is being ignored.  Her definition of ignored involves pretty much anything outside of holding her & talking directly to her.  She's okay playing on the floor for a little bit by herself, as long as I don't turn my back on her for a second.  Which means that to make dinner, I often have to walk backwards from where I put her down to the other side of the counter so I don't turn my back on her.



 
Except for the middle of the night, Cecily is usually very happy when she wakes up.  Once I come in the room, she starts dancing with her hands & feet flying in the air for me to pick her up.


 
She will put absolutely anything in her mouth.  We bought the Roomba both to save my sanity, and to keep her from ingesting an entire tree's worth of pine needles.




Such a fun little girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment